Problems with BE and Windows Live Writter Beta

Nov 12, 2008 at 12:51 AM
I'm pretty new to BE but I've been playing around with it during the past 3 weeks. Today I had a strange problem when posting with Windows Live Writter Beta. First, the new post got published without trouble, but when I went to see the website I found the same post twice. I should have looked at the database but I simply deleted one of them. Then I refreshed the browser and ouchh, the post was gone. Hopefully Windows Live Writter Beta had save it locally but when I tried to publish it again.... ouch again, I got a NullReferenceException. I saw the database and the post wasn't there so I used the web administration to create the post and it worked fine.
Just to test I created another post from Windows Live Writter Beta and published it. No problem. Then I deleted it from the web admin and try to republish it and.... ouch the NullReferenceException again.  I'll try to reproduce the problem locally to get more information.
Nov 12, 2008 at 1:52 AM
I've seen many issues with WLW - Beta as well.  The last release (non-beta) works fine with BE.NET.

I plan on debugging into WLW - Beta's interaction with BE.NET soon, as the features in it... are cool!

Clarence
http://www.ocdprogrammer.com