Can't see posts unless logged in

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Nov 16, 2008 at 3:12 AM
Edited Nov 16, 2008 at 3:16 AM
I'm using Windows Live Writer and created an account as BlogMaster with a password. Live Writer will publish to the blog but I can't see what I published to the blog as an anonymous reader unless I login as the BlogMaster which I have assigned as an admin and an editor.

I deleted the default page that provided instructions how to setup BlogEngine and I renamed the Example Page and thought I should set it as the Front Page which I have labeled as such.

How can I straighten this out? 
The blog can be seen at blog.metromilwaukee.com
Nov 16, 2008 at 4:37 AM
It is likely that your server off set is incorrect.

When you are logged in you will see all post, when you are not logged in you will only see post that are published and have a date less than now.

- Clarence
http://www.ocdprogrammer.com
Nov 17, 2008 at 5:08 PM
Edited Nov 17, 2008 at 5:08 PM
Thanks for caring to respond but its not a time offset problem. My dev partner tried to load the blog as an anonymous user and can't see the post either. Furthermore, last time I was able to even login I used settings to configure an offset so I am aware of that setting.

Now, I tried to reinstall and can't even login. I mean what is it? I upload all of the folders and files and the blog will load but I can't login and continue to configure the app.

I have had to mod the web.config to use Clear rather than Hashed passwords and I have modified App_Data to support Write permissions. I am running out of patience trying to set this blog up as its not as trouble-free as it was in earlier releases...
Nov 20, 2008 at 4:23 AM
This topic can be considered closed as the blog is operable after more than 6 reinstalls. Poof! Who knows how or why but it is so onward...