BlogEngine Integration with existing web application

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Nov 17, 2008 at 2:03 PM

I want to integrate BlogEngine with my existing web application. How to do that? My web

application already has user registration, login page etc. and I want to hide/disable that

functionality in BlogEngine. Any quick pointers will be highly appreciated.

Nov 20, 2008 at 4:30 PM
Hi I want to do the exact same thing...  i see the benefits of having the blog in a separate folder... but ideally though I would like to integrate the logins with my main application.  I'll be using XML to store all data rather than SQL Server.

if anyone has any sugestions as to how best to approach this  I too would highly appreciaite it... sorry sutravekailas that  Iam not able to post the answer myself.. but if I do work it out I will let you know!
Nov 22, 2008 at 12:00 AM
Hey, guys!

I blogged about that here.  It's been rock solid for me.  Essentially I pointed the web.config membership and roles providers to my aspnet membership table.  The trick is ensuring the parent app shares the same machinekey in the web.config with Be.NET and using the same application names with the providers.

Nov 26, 2008 at 9:21 PM
Hi Dave thanks for this i am not 100% up to speed with the whole memberships and application names stuff, but at lease i now have something to investigate.