Surely it can't be that hard to do a straight forward BlogEngine installation.
This is my first attempt with BlogEngine and I followed the instructions step by step explicity. without success.
It loads on my Win7 PC running IIS but not on a onCloud (shared) server at MyHosting.com (a premium microsoft partner). Instead giving me Server 500 style errors. I also don't get any detailed error messages.
At the end of the day I want to spend time developing my blog not learning to be a .net or wordpress (the fallback) developer.
Any help would be most appreciated.
- New /blog/ directory was established on my IIS web server via ftp
- Myhosting.com Support turned this into an application folder as per their KB article
- IIS4 + Integrated pool mode configured
- Downloaded WebProject files
- Opened files and checked them on local Win7 machine running IIS - all good
- Copied unchanged files up to server under /blog directory
- Go to ***.com/blog/ and receive 500 - Internal Server Error
I double-checked with MyHosting and they provided me with more detailed error message:
Handler ASP.NET4.0-aspx (managed)
Error Code 0x80070021
Config Error This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny"
or the legacy allowOverride="false".
Config File \\?\D:\CustomerData\webspaces\webspace_00106344\wwwroot\www.***.com\blog\web.config
Requested URL http://www.***.com:80/blog/Default.aspx
Physical Path D:\CustomerData\webspaces\webspace_00106344\wwwroot\www.***.com\blog\Default.aspx
Logon Method Not yet determined
Logon User Not yet determined
233: <clientCache cacheControlMode="UseMaxAge" cacheControlMaxAge="365.00:00:00" cacheControlCustom="public"/>
8. Searched web for instructions how to solve. Very little useful info available.