cannot see the admin menu page

Dec 16, 2008 at 10:14 PM
I installed BlogEngine.NET on IIS 5.1 using MS SQL server 2005. I was able to see the welcome page indicating the install was successful. But when I tried to log in using "admin" as both username and password, I was redicted back to the welcome/default page without being able to view the admin menu page, as I was supposed to.

Could anybody help me with this? Thanks.
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2008 at 10:53 PM
Are you logged onto the same machine the blog is running on?  In other words, localhost or 127.0.0.1?  Not sure, but sometimes in these cases when you're using IE, cookies will get blocked.  Adding the host name (e.g. localhost) to IE's Trusted Sites list could help.  Or maybe some internet security app is blocking cookies?  Even if the blog is running on a different machine from where you're running your browser, if you're using IE, the Security Level for the Internet zone may be too high.  You could try lowering the security level or add the website to the Trusted Sites list.  Just some ideas ...
Dec 17, 2008 at 1:15 PM
Edited Dec 17, 2008 at 1:41 PM
Thanks!

Yes, I logged onto the same machine the blog is running on, the URL I use is "localhost/blogengine/", I tried both FireFox and IE, neither of them works. IE does show localhost as a Trusted site in the status bar.

I watched the video on how to install blogengine 1.3 online, and I did similar thing to install version 1.4. But failed on IE, FireFox, and Chrome. Hope I can download BlogEngine 1.3 somewhere. The one I downloaded from source code (12864) does not compile.