How to edit a new page that was not listed

Dec 17, 2008 at 11:10 PM
I am enbarrased to ask this but.... I created a new page and unchecked the checkbox labeled "Show in List" as I was not finished with the page. However, now I am unable to access the page to continue editing. It does appear in the Select parent drop-down list on the admin page for creating the pages but the content does not show up. So how do I access and existing page that is not currently listed per the checkbox just mention?

I finally realized I could just type in the slug name on the URL and that did the trick. But is there an easier way to do this?

TIA
Don
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2008 at 11:27 PM
If you go to the Pages tab in the Control Panel, above the Title textbox at the top, there should be a link that says "2 Pages" or how ever many pages you have.  Clicking on that link will show you all your pages (listed or not).

But I have a question for you.  I just created an unlisted test page to see how it can be accessed (for trying to answer this question), but how can I delete the page??  :-)
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2008 at 11:32 PM
I just needed to actually view the page where Edit and Delete links were available ... :-(
Dec 17, 2008 at 11:55 PM
Perfect! Thank you very much. I knew I was going to be embarrased to ask. I looked at that page many times and never noticed the link up there. Maybe it could be moved further down next to the other controls ...unless of course I am the only one who has not see it. :) Glad you found the answer. I knew that one but it sure did not work for unlisted pages.

Thanks again.