Upgrade

Jan 16, 2013 at 7:29 PM

It is a pitty that the upgrade path for Blogengine is so BAD.

The instructions are very generic and not for everybody. Especially the 2.7 upgrade instructions are not helping at all. Very confusing also. What to keep and what to delete.

Again, pitty since the application is good.

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2013 at 8:43 PM

You can try this tool for upgrade. Unless you haven't upgraded in the very long time or have modified project files, all should be straightforward. Generally speaking you download latest and pull in there app_data folder from your blog. It can get confusing because you can configure app in so many ways - use database, or active directory, or modify and add custom code etc. But you can always ask questions here if run into issue, hopefully someone knows the answer.

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Edited Jan 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Well, i'm trying to update a 2.6 to 2.7, DBless.

I have read all the instructions, searched here, read all the issues and discussions, still it is unclear what to keep and what not.

And i consider my self pretty good at all this. I daily update more complicated applications.

So it must be the instructions.

You should consider to put some more detailed upgrade instructions. We cannot guess.

Thanks anyway.

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:49 PM

It seems the upgrade application you pointed me, works very very well.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM

The easiest way I have found to upgrade is to delete everything but the APP_DATA folder and THEMES folder (if you use a custom or different them than what's provided) and then upload everything but those two mentioned folders. I'm using DB-less (XML) as well and I've never had a problem.