Backup Manager

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Dec 25, 2008 at 9:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

I developed a Simple Backup Manager for BlogEngine. It's pretty simple and currently only support Xml Provider.

When i'll solved the Settings issue, i'll provide a complete Backup Manager which will supports any DataStore Providers with Backup and Restore feature.

Hope this help's.
Dec 27, 2008 at 3:23 AM
Great idea! I'm using the xml provider and it is a hassle to back stuff up. One question does the program back up the  App_Data/files directory? And, is each zip file a separate post, or is that a group of posts? thanks!
Dec 27, 2008 at 3:36 AM
Nvm, I just tested it out and it works great. It backs up the entire site into a zip file and allows you to download it quite easily. Good job!
Dec 27, 2008 at 4:15 AM
I tested it out on my live site, everything works, but I can't download the file because I'm on IIS 7 and I need to specify a handler. I'm not sure what to put for type and preCondition. Thanks!

<add name="backup.axd_" path="backup.axd" verb="" type="what goes here" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" />
Dec 27, 2008 at 12:59 PM
Hi Kenpachi,

Only tested it on IIS6.

On IIS 7 the HttpHandler should be :
<add name="backup.axd_" path="backup.axd" verb="" type="BackupManager" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" />

It should works :)

Dec 27, 2008 at 4:57 PM
That did the trick, thanks! I'm guessing then type is the name of the class. Http handlers still confuse me :)