This project is read-only.

Compilation after change ....

Dec 28, 2008 at 12:18 PM
Edited Dec 28, 2008 at 12:18 PM

I made some changes in BlogEngine .NET 1.4.5.
I move the solution to VS2008 SP1 and add to VisualSVN

I created a theme, made some changes, in "related post" ..... all my changes are ok

When I do a "Publish" on the web project in the bin, I have a lot of folders (af,ar,es, ....), a lot of DLL (app_code.dll, app_global_asax.dll, App_Web_8le0m3ln.dll, ....BlogEngine.Core.dll, BlogEngine.Core.pdb, BlogEngine.Core.xml)

When you download the Web Archive from BlogEngine.NET team in the bin, there are only BlogEngine.Core.dll, BlogEngine.Core.pdb, BlogEngine.Core.xml

Is it normal ? I do something wrong ?

Dec 28, 2008 at 6:18 PM
After Publishing, if everything is working, then I wouldn't worry about anything.

I think the typical way people deploy BlogEngine is to not use the Publish feature.  Except for the 3 compiled files in the BIN folder that come with BE.NET, nothing else typically needs to be compiled.  You should be able to just deploy (i.e. copy) the web site files including the 3 BIN folder files to your web server.

Some people have reported they couldn't get BE.NET to work if they used the Publish feature.  BE.NET works very well and is designed without the need to compile the web site files.
Dec 28, 2008 at 7:13 PM
I just compile the BlogEngine Core, and copy the dll files to my website project. I then copy and paste the files I need to the web server via ftp. I have tried the publish thing before and I have tried running the site as a compiled dll or something like that and it doesn't work very well. Just keep it it simple and copy the files to the server, so you can easily modify anything that needs changing.