Disqus Comments are not available for non-primary blogs

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls
Feb 4, 2013 at 3:59 AM

I am using BlogEngine 2.7 and setup a primary blog and another one (built on the previous one).

The primary blog allows me to associate the blog with my Disqus profile site but when I go to do this on my other blog, it does not show this page?

Is this by design? Previously I had two blog engines setup for multiple blog hosting and thought I would try migrating it to 2.7.

Thank you - Greg.
Feb 4, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2013 at 2:20 PM
It is related to this discussion. Most extensions are application-wide and changing setting in the sub-blog would change it for all blogs, which we don't want. For some it does make sense to handle settings on individual blog level, but this not currently implemented.
Feb 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Hi thanks for the response... I could see what you are saying for most settings.

I was previously running BE 2.0 and running multiple instances (managed by different people) but we had one disqus account with multiple blog profiles underneath it.

Not having it work for sub-blogs feels like some of the functionality is gone and if the blogs are all on the same site it looks inconsistent.

Maybe a future request to put this in.