Blogengine on my mobile

Topics: Controls, Themes
Jan 2, 2009 at 8:32 AM
Hallo using blogengine since september and I think it´s a good one. Easy to change the themes to my colours and easy to change themes. One question tho:
In the Settings you can chose one theme as standard and one for mobile. What URL do I need  acces it from my mobilephone? Is it the same and its suppose to "feel" that I'm using mobilebrowser? I haven´t gone out with the information since I don´t understand the issue and  can´t answer questions from my readers.

As been said before, to update the blog from my mobile, both text and picture, are number one on my list of wishes.

Kajsa
blog.adhdkvinnor.se (sorry it´s in Swedish)
Jan 7, 2009 at 1:27 AM
If the mobile device sends the right browser type to the site, the code will see that its a mobile and apply the mobile css file.

I think Opera has a feature that will force it to look like a mobile device to a web server. Firefox can do this too with the Web Developer add-on.

On thing to note is that not all mobile devices will trigger the mobile style. The Apple iPod devices will look just like a regular browser to the site.

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:51 AM
The BE configuration supports a regular expression where you can add additional mobile user agent strings so those phones pick up the mobile string. BE doesn't support iPhone/iPod by default. Here is the workaround - http://www.neovolve.com/post/2008/10/03/Get-BENet-to-recognise-the-iPhone.aspx
Jan 8, 2009 at 3:56 PM
Thank you I supose my Nokia doesn´t have the right browser.