Lowercase /Blog subdirectory

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Feb 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I was wondering if there is a way to make the Blog subdirectory lowercase so that it is domain.com/blog rather than domain.com/Blog

I have the blog setup as a virtual directory in IIS as blog and the folder name on FTP is blog but all the links that are being created in BE.NET are inserting the capitalized version. Anyway for them to be the lowercase version?

I already tried using IIS Rewrite module but because it is a virtual directory I am not able to access the /blog directory only anything after that. Same goes with putting a rule in the parent site as well, the rules are just being ignored.

I tried comparing the URL to some variable in the Server Variables collection as well but not matter if the URL is lowercase or not the Server Variables always reflect the capitalized version.

Is there a setting in BE.NET that I am not seeing that will write the urls so the Blog subdirectory is lowercase?

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Not sure what you mean, for example "rtur.net/blog" - I don't have any capitalized links and didn't make any changes to BE. Could be something specific to your setup, or I'm missing something?