Settings.aspx redirecting to error404.aspx

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Jan 6, 2009 at 5:35 PM
I have just downloaded and updated my blog to BlogEngine.NET 1.4.5.13, and I am getting an error when I click the Save buttons in /admin/Pages/Settings.aspx. It appears that all changes are saved during the POST, but instead of being redirected back to the Settings page, I am redirected to "/error404.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/admin/Pages/Settings.aspx."

Using HTTPWatch I see the POST to Settings.aspx which returns a response of 302 and a URL to the error404 page. It appears that the last line of the btnSave_Click event handler ( i.e., Response.Redirect(Request.RawUrl, true);) is returning the error404 URL, but I can't understand why.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and how to fix it?
Jan 7, 2009 at 12:13 AM
What version did you upgrade from?
Where is your blog installed, root, subdirectory?
What operating system are you on?
What version of .Net?

Don't know if the answers will help or not but any additional information will be helpful.
Jan 7, 2009 at 12:19 AM
I found the problem later today Taylex. I hadn't set the permissions correctly on the app_data directory. Once that was done the redirect worked perfectly. Basically for the upgrade I copied the old blog to a new directory, and created a new web app for it. Then I treated the upgrade as if I was doing a refresh. When I looked at the "fresh install" instructions, I realized where I went wrong, and at least in part what went wrong.

Thanks for giving it some thought though.
Feb 12, 2009 at 11:27 AM
Edited Feb 12, 2009 at 11:49 AM
moved my post to a new discussion...