Is it possible to change the default menuing system?

Topics: Controls, Themes
Apr 10, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Right now I see

Home | Archive | Contact | Subscribe | Filter by APML

And I've been through the settings/widgets but see no way of changing it. I'm sure I'm missing something.

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I don't believe that is something that is configurable through the admin interface. I believe the menu is defined by your theme choice. If you look at the source for the site.master in the Standard Theme you see the following code.
<li class="Home"><a href="<%=Utils.AbsoluteWebRoot %>" rel="home"><span><%=Resources.labels.home %></span></a></li>
<li><a href="<%=Utils.AbsoluteWebRoot %>archive<%= BlogEngine.Core.BlogConfig.FileExtension %>"><%=Resources.labels.archive %></a></li>
<li><a href="<%=Utils.AbsoluteWebRoot %>contact<%= BlogEngine.Core.BlogConfig.FileExtension %>">< %></a></li>
<li><a href="<%=Utils.FeedUrl %>" class="feed"><%=Resources.labels.subscribe %></a></li>
<li><a href="javascript:void(BlogEngine.filterByAPML())" class="apmlfilter"><%=Resources.labels.filterByApml %></a></li>
This builds the menu at the bottom of the page with all the links manually entered into the site.master file.
Apr 10, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Oh, that's great! Thanks for the pointer.