How to get User Photo,Post Title, Content and Post Date from BlogEngine.Net blog to My other website's Home Page

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Apr 25, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Hi

I want to display latest blog posts to my website's home page under a section 'Latest Blog Updates'.
I need to show the photo of the posting user and details og the blog post to display under each other.

Would you please put light on how to do it.

Thanks
Rohit Garg
Apr 26, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Rohit,

I recommend using the RSS feed of the blog since it automatically updates. You should be able to scrape through the xml with your language of choice pulling out the bits you are looking for. Author is contained in the tag <dc:publisher> for each post. Since BE.net does not have the concept of an authors picture you will have to do something like making a folder of images whose filenames match the authors name so you can construct a url like yoursite.com/images/authors/authorsname.jpg.

Michael
Apr 29, 2013 at 5:49 AM
Hi leemicw

Thanks. Can you please give a little idea about how to get rss feed xml using c#...because earlier i was planning to fetch required data using Transact-SQl ?

Regards
Rohit
Apr 29, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Apr 30, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Rohit,

I have done this in the past.

XDocument twitterXml = XDocument.Load("http://www.yoursite.com/syndication.axd");

Once its in an XDocument you have lots of tools to work with.

Thanks,
Michael
May 1, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Hi Michael

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. I will consider using it.

Rohit