Integration with existing ASP.Net MVC Application.

Topics: Business Logic Layer
May 6, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Edited May 6, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Integration with existing ASP.Net MVC Application.

Hello, I have an existing website that I would like to add a blog to. The site ASP.NET mvc 4 application. It has social login and its own profile system. I would like to install BlogEngine as a separate application under the /blog sub domain, and, I would like to modify the ‘users module’ to use the login and profile system of my existing (parent) site.

That said, I haven’t worked with webforms in quite a while, and Im lost regarding the project structure. Is there a repository where BlogEngine saves and loads user profiles? Where is authentication and authorization handled? Any recommendations regarding my surgery would also be welcome.

P.S. Awesome job on the project. It was great to have something work right out of the box.
Coordinator
May 6, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Take a look at "providers" folder in the BlogEngine.Core. There are membership and role providers that you can implement and add to web.config. One big difference is that BlogEngine is multi-blogging app and it has to modify cookie to differentiate users from the same domain but different blog by appending blog id to domain name.
Aug 23, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Thanks very much.

I had been looking around since I posted and had stumbled across that folder. It should make it a lot easier.