Unpublished Posts are showing up on Search

Jan 16, 2009 at 8:46 PM
I've noticed that unpublished Posts are showing up when you do a Search. Is this by design or a bug?

My logic is to set certain Posts to not Publish so that ONLY logged in Users can see them. But as a regular viewer (not logged in), I do a search and I STILL see the unpublished Posts.

I'm on version 1.4.5

Happy Blogging!
Coordinator
Jan 16, 2009 at 9:19 PM
This appears to have been fixed sometime after the 1.4.5 release.  Unpublished posts no longer come up in search results when using the latest changeset (available on the Source Code tab above).
Coordinator
Jan 16, 2009 at 10:41 PM
Hmm.. actually on 1.4.5, I can't seem to reproduce that.  On 1.4.5, unpublished posts aren't coming up on search results (regardless if I'm logged in).  They do show up on the Archive page if the unpublished post isn't tied to any categories (this is fixed now).  But for the search results, I can't get unpublished posts to show up in 1.4.5.
Jan 17, 2009 at 1:33 AM
Hold off all your work for now.

I have another site that is using the Standard Theme. Let me test that site.

The site that has the bug is using the GirlGeek Theme on the same 1.4.5 version.

Thanks for your effort.
Jan 19, 2009 at 6:50 PM
Hi All,

This issues is not theme-related as I have tried another theme.

And I have to correct my post. An unpublished post does NOT show up in Search (which is correct). But it does show up in Tags. You click on the Tag and it takes you to a blank Post.

I would think that the ideal case would be is to not display the Tag of unpublished Post.

Thanks for your effort!