Adding pages to the blog

Topics: Themes
Jan 17, 2009 at 4:32 PM
I am trying to add pages to my blog (using the default theme) that show up in the top menu navigation.

I have successfully added a link in the top menu that looks for an about.aspx page when clicked.  If I copy the default.aspx page and rename to about.aspx, any edits that I make to one also affects the other.  If I add a page using the Pages tab in the Control panel it shows up in the Page List widget, but I want it in the top navigation.  If I click the page in the Page List widget I can see a path name to an about.aspx file in the address bar.  However, I cannot seem to locate the file itself so that I can simply move it.

I have no doubt that I am overlooking something very simple, but I would appreciate a little help.

Darren
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2009 at 4:50 PM
In BE, when you create Pages, there is no physical file.  Pages always have a path of "page/pagename.aspx".  You should be able to just add a link to the top menu navigation with an href similar to "/page/pagename.aspx".  When viewing that page, it will use your default theme.  I'm not sure what part of this doesn't meet your needs?
Jan 17, 2009 at 4:54 PM
Sorry, Ben, that will work.  I just assumed that there would be a way to organize it like I wanted to, but I suppose it really doesn't make any difference since it is just a static page.
Oct 22, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Ben That was the answer I've been looking for. You guys are great.

Thanks.