Alpha Tags Widget issues

Jun 2, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Using BE trying to either install or uninstall the Aloha Tags Widget without success. I am trying to get rid of this.

Widget AlphaTags not found.
Unknown server tag 'blog:AlphaTags'.X

See here [
Jun 2, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Where does one edit the Widget Zone using SQL_CE, I can find no way to delete

Widget AlphaTags not found.
Unknown server tag 'blog:AlphaTags'.X

from the widget zone.
Jun 2, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Hi Jerry,
I've a vague recollection of this issue cropping up awhile back and you got it sorted, don't recall the details though.
I don't use SQL_CE, but for XML storage(and it may well be the same for SQL_CE) look in the App_Data/datastore/widgets folder.
There should be a list of XML files.
One of these files should contain the AlphaTags entry, which you will then have to delete(after which, probably best to flush the cache as well).
If it's not there, there must be an equivalent entry in a table somewhere in your DB file.
Jun 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Hi Andy

I checked the XML, nothing there, I cannot ind any reference in any table in SQL_CE. I have successfully updated everything except this widget from 2.5 to 2.8. Even after removing the widget in the widget folder manually I cannot delete all of it from the widget zone, I also cannot install it. Hope someone can help figure this out.
Jun 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Edited Jun 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Hi Jerry,
Just checked your homepage and looking at page source, it's saying
"Widget AlphaTags not found" and "The file '/widgets/AlphaTags/widget.ascx' does not exist."

This means that the widget is still being referenced from the widget zone with id = widgetzone_be_WIDGET_ZONE but can't be found.

Check in App_Code/Controls and make sure that AlphaTags.cs exists in this folder.
Check in your widgets folder also to make sure that the folder AlphaTags exists and that it contains both widget.ascx and widget.ascx.cs.

I've just added AlphaTags to a local copy of BE 2.8 and it seems to work fine.
However, if I remove any of the above mentioned files, I get the same error message that you are getting.

I know you mentioned that you deleted files manually, but try adding them back into the controls and widgets folders noted above.
Jun 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Thank you very much Andy, it is working fine now, I was missing the file in the App_Code/Controls folder, I truly appreciate your time helping me with this.
Jun 2, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Good stuff, mind and edit the title.
I notice it's defaulting to alphatags(no spacing), which might not be quite what you want.