Accessing PhotoURL

Topics: Controls
Jan 20, 2009 at 11:47 AM
I am creating a mutli-author blog. I want to be able to display an image of each author. I have created my own control in the App_Code folder and it works fine and I can view the name. I want to get at the PhotoURL property. Can someone advise me how to do this?
Coordinator
Jan 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM
You can access each author's profile with code like below.  In this example, the profile for the "admin" user is being retrieved.

AuthorProfile ap = AuthorProfile.GetProfile("admin");
    if (ap != null)
    {
        string photoUrl = ap.PhotoURL;
    }
Mar 11, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Hey Guys,

Can someone please advise me what data goes into this field "photoURL". Its obviously not a file upload control wherein i can just select a photo from my machine and click on upload.

My requirement is the same as "dave" i need to display image of author next to their blogs.

Any help will be really appreciated

Kind Regards,

Amit

Mar 12, 2010 at 12:53 AM
Hi,

you have to create this <imagefolder>, and put your image manually into this folder.

or

add one more browse and upload button to browse image from your local computer and then using upload button,

upload image, at the same time, you place your photourl into photourl textbox automatically.

you have to check image exists or not. if exists, place url only, else upload and place url.

you have to change this into upload image coding in blog engine.

Best of Luck,
Tami
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 4:56 PM, cooldude123 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hey Guys,

Can someone please advise me what data goes into this field "photoURL". Its obviously not a file upload control wherein i can just select a photo from my machine and click on upload.

My requirement is the same as "dave" i need to display image of author next to their blogs.

Any help will be really appreciated

Kind Regards,

Amit

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com