rtur & Andy, discussion:446364

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jun 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Hi rtur & Andy,

Do you guys have any insight or opinions on discussion:446364, is this fix likely to be part of the next BE version? Do all of the 3 files mentioned need to be updated? This is an issue that others are sure to have with the file manager and images, also the issue with PDF's. Thanks for taking a look and thanks to jyonan for figuring out the fix.
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2013 at 3:41 AM
I have to verify, but it seems like .axdx and .jpjx were introduced by file manager to take over the normal file and image handlers so they can be processed differently. For example use custom provider to save/read files using database or Flickr or whatever.

What I see now is that URL rewrite just rewrites path from .axdx/.jpgx to standard file.axd or image.axd, and nothing more, and yet file manager works fine with DB filesystem provider, so I wander if that new extensions even needed.

Practically, if your file.axd or image.axd link doesn't work, you have an issue with registering handler in web.config.

If "file.axd" handler works but ".axdx" doesn't, looks like an issue with URL rewrite not translating "x" format into normal handler format.
I know people running into issue with "x" to handler translation, but I never was able to reproduce it, so have no idea why it happening.

Problem is what works like fix for some is breaking change for others.