BE 2.8.0.1 SQL_CE PDF Standard Theme downloads issue?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Themes
Jun 11, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I am requesting BE users to go to Southern Arizona Hiking Club login in with guest as the username, 7549A as the password click on Download eBulletin on the right sidebar and try to download the latest eBulletin. In BE 2.5 when the PDF was clicked on it would open giving users the option to download, in BE 2.8 left clicking automatically downloads the PDF. Some users are reporting that nothing happens when they click on the file, I am trying to see if a problem exists. Thank you for your time and efforts.

I would really dislike having to go back to BE 2.5 if a download issue exists.

I have tested this with Chrome, Opera, Safari and Firefox on my IMac and Firefox and IE 10 on my Windows 8 system and it works for me.
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Except last 2, your old PDFs are direct links to the file in the /eBulletin, so they loaded by browser if browser is capable of reading PDF files.
Latest 2 links call HTTP handler to serve file from "app_data", and you get "open or save" dialog. Both methods worked fine for me.
Jun 11, 2013 at 3:21 PM
If you try to open the latest 2 do they open or just download. Thank you for your time rtur.
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2013 at 3:38 PM
In FireFox I'm getting "open or save" dialog and can choose, in IE it is just "save" so I have to download.
I suppose it can be configured in browser settings and if you have PDF add-ons it can behave differently too.