No be_settings table data causing error

Jan 21, 2009 at 1:33 AM
Is there a script that I can use to populate the basic settings for the be_settings table when using the database implementation.  I have not settings in the db which is causing all kinds of startup errors.
Coordinator
Jan 21, 2009 at 1:51 AM
Yes, there's several scripts in the subfolders under the "setup" folder.  I just described the script in a bit more detail over here.
Jan 21, 2009 at 2:26 AM
BenAmanda Thanks and ran the scripts and the blog is working fine, and even imported old file using the export import tool on the site...NICE....BUT

When I try to write a new post I get the following error after submission:

Server Error in '/Blog' Application.

Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length

Source Error:

Line 145:                        }
Line 146:                        strDesc = (obj as Post).Content;
Line 147: strDesc = strDesc.Substring(0, iCharCount);Line 148:                        HtmlMeta MetaTag = new HtmlMeta();
Line 149:                        MetaTag.Name = "Description";

Source File: c:\Webs\Blog1\BlogEngine.Web\App_Code\Extensions\seopack.cs    Line: 147
Coordinator
Jan 21, 2009 at 2:43 AM
That error is occurring in an extension you have called "SeoPack".  You can see that at the bottom of the error you pasted.  I'm not familiar with this extension.  You could go into the Extensions tab in the control panel, disable this extension just to see if everything else is working.
Jan 21, 2009 at 9:03 AM
That error looks very familiar to something I was working on limiting the returned characters from an RSS feed. It related to the post not being long enough for the argument and no thing to catch the exception.

I suspect that is what line 147 is doing. Returning from the first character to "iCharCount" but the post doesn't meet whatever iCharCount length is and is throwing the error.
Jan 22, 2009 at 2:14 PM
I entered a much larger post, both the subject and the body of the post.  I even included a category, but this received the same exception.  I am using 1.4.5, will upgrading to a newer version of the platform and Extension help this issue?
Coordinator
Jan 23, 2009 at 3:42 AM
If there's a newer version of the SeoPack extension, I'd definitely give it a try ... even before upgrading BE.
Jan 23, 2009 at 1:31 PM
Edited Jan 23, 2009 at 1:31 PM
Thanks I did update both the BlogEngine to the newest build, and the SEOPack to the newest build 0.3.2, and after reconfigure the settings, disabling and re-enabling it it worked fine.