The name 'Helpers' does not exist in the current context

Topics: Controls
Jun 25, 2013 at 2:29 PM
I've got BlogEngine installed on an existing site in a subdirectory called BlogEngine.

I moved the contents of the BlogEngine app_code folder into the app_code folder off of the root directory, so now my AdminHelp, ControlsHelper, etc. reside in the [website]/App_Code/BlogEngineCode/Helpers directory.

When I click on the Dashboard administration link on default.aspx, I receive the following error:
 Compiler Error Message: CS0103: The name 'Helpers' does not exist in the current context

Source Error:

Line 14:                     <h2>@Resources.labels.stats</h2>
Line 15:                     <ul>
Line 16:                         @Helpers.DashboardHelper.GetStats()
Line 17:                     </ul>
Line 18:                 </div> 

Source File: [website]\BlogEngine\admin\default.cshtml    Line: 16 
I've tried moving the Helpers folder into various other locations, including "[website]/App_Code/", "[website]/BlogEngine/App_Code/", to no effect.

I've tried looking for a setting that tells BlogEngine where to look for those helpers, but found nothing recognizable as such.

Any ideas what I'm overlooking?
Jul 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Edited Jul 22, 2013 at 9:08 AM
EDIT: I've noticed my ftp client converted all filenames to lowercase. Uploaded the App_Code again and everything is working now. I don't think it's your problem, but just letting you know.

Hello, I'm noticing exactly the same problem, except I haven't moved anything and simply installed BlogEngine.NET 2.8 (web) onto my root directory.
Everything seems to work, except for those pages calling @Helpers (dashboard, themes)

Any ideas would be very appreciated!