Version profiles data fixes

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls
Jan 23, 2009 at 8:30 AM

I wonder if anyone can help. We are currently running version and have encountered an issue with the profiles. When a person edits his/hers profile the data does not always display correctly and/or in the correct text boxes. It will be fine once the data is initially saved and can be ok for some time after the data has been saved, but for some reason unknown to myself the data can become scrambled and incorrect. I have read a previous discussion on this and a comment was made that it has been fixed in version I was wondering if anybody knows when is going to be released?

Thanks in advanced,

Jamie Shedley

Jan 23, 2009 at 6:44 PM
You can get or any of the releases after that right now.  All these builds are on the Source Code tab above.  You do have to compile the BlogEngine core yourself using Visual Studio.  The next major release of BlogEngine, version 1.5 is supposed to be coming out shortly (don't know when exactly).  When it comes out, version 1.5 will include the compiled BlogEngine core files.

For just the fixes to the Profiles page in the control panel, I'm pretty certain the problems with that were isolated to just 2 files you could get from the latest version and overwrite your files with.  The 2 files are Profiles.aspx and Profiles.aspx.cs in the admin\Pages folder.  These 2 pages don't need to be compiled, so just overwriting your files with the latest files would be sufficient.