Secure Blog Posts & Comments

Jan 24, 2009 at 2:52 PM
Hi All,

i have a requirement to be able to do the following...
Allow all visitors to the blog site to be able to view certain Pages and not others unless they are logged in.  The same goes for Blog entries. ie I need both Public and Private Pages and Blog Entries.
I don't have the option of using a database so an using XML to store the data, if that makes a difference.

in the Page List widget for example if the user is logged in then they will see a different list to those that are not.  hope that makes sense.!

Also I need 3 differnt types of logged in users, 1 = Admin who can do everything as now, 2 = Super User who can add / change pages and amend any blog entry, but cant change settings etc... 3 = Normal User who can add or amend blog entries but only for themsleves.

Also to be able to add a comment to a or view comments a user needs to be logged in.

anyone got ay recomendations how I sholud go about this.. I would be very greatful.  Im using version  1.4.5.13

Thanks
Jan 25, 2009 at 1:00 PM
For page security, I put a control on the page as discussed in:
http://www.codeplex.com/blogengine/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=44508

I then create LinkList per role from the widgets.  I copied the LinkList widget and updated it so if a user was in a given role, it would appear - else hide.

Brian.
Jan 26, 2009 at 7:37 AM
Hi Brian

thanks for that it looks like just what I need...

you the man.