/BlogEngine.Net/B - corrupt path?

Jan 25, 2009 at 11:18 AM
Edited Jan 25, 2009 at 11:20 AM
My hosting company for a blog (IXwebhosting) has had a lot of trouble recently, with availability at around 90%. I can't do much about that in the short term, but one of my sites is now sort of back up, with the exception of the BlogEngine, latest build. It was working fine, the hoster had some trouble and did things of which they will not tell me, and now BE doesn't work. It's installed on IIS6 as a web application (in a subdirectory) and has been there for more than a year (SQL backend, several upgrades etc). I've changed nothing, IX changed something.

The path to the blog is: /Blogengine.Net/, but it seems now to be looking for "/BlogEngine.Net/B", note the extra character. So I get the following on hitting the directory with BE in it:

"The file '/BlogEngine.NET/Bthemes/CoC/site.master' does not exist."

Note the extra "B". Ok, I would like to shoot whoever put that "B" in there, because I know it wasn't me. However I can't find where the sucker's coming from... anyone know where I should look for that please? I will reinstall the whole thing I suppose, but it could be that this thing is in the database, in which case if I do that I've confused the situation (I've not touched it yet, all the trouble is the hoster so far).

Where's it reading this path from please?

Interestingly the RSS feed is still working, in that I can see the posts listed from syndication.axd.... but when I try to load them I get errors relating to this little "B" character...
Jan 25, 2009 at 11:45 AM
Ok, my bad - I'd finger trouble whilst trying to debug the other stuff. The key is:
     <add key="BlogEngine.VirtualPath" value="~/"/>

I'd got a "B" in there somehow. Feel free to delete this thread.