after upgrade to 2,8,lots links lost

Aug 2, 2013 at 11:27 AM
you can check my website www.xwxm.net,when you click a post's link,you will get a message "page not found",It happened after I upgrade to blogengine 2.8,and when I post a new post,the old post's link lost,how can I resolve it?
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2013 at 2:44 PM
You need to install patch to fix it.
Aug 2, 2013 at 2:47 PM
rtur wrote:
You need to install patch to fix it.
I see the patch,how am I deal with the web.config file?just override it?my website use a Microsoft sql server database
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2013 at 3:19 PM
The only change if web.config is
from:
<httpRuntime enableVersionHeader="false" useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="true" maxRequestLength="16384" executionTimeout="3600" requestLengthDiskThreshold="16384" requestValidationMode="2.0"/>

to:
<httpRuntime enableVersionHeader="false" useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="true" maxRequestLength="16384" executionTimeout="3600" requestLengthDiskThreshold="16384" requestValidationMode="2.0" requestPathInvalidCharacters="<,>,*,\"/>

Which is optional and added to subdue errors in query string in some cases.
Aug 3, 2013 at 2:03 AM
rtur wrote:
The only change if web.config is
from:
<httpRuntime enableVersionHeader="false" useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="true" maxRequestLength="16384" executionTimeout="3600" requestLengthDiskThreshold="16384" requestValidationMode="2.0"/>

to:
<httpRuntime enableVersionHeader="false" useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="true" maxRequestLength="16384" executionTimeout="3600" requestLengthDiskThreshold="16384" requestValidationMode="2.0" requestPathInvalidCharacters="<,>,*,\"/>

Which is optional and added to subdue errors in query string in some cases.
after I patched my website,It still have some lost link,you can check this:
http://www.xwxm.net/post/2013/05/31/Lifetime(2).aspx

How can I resolve it?
Aug 3, 2013 at 2:07 AM
mneom wrote:
rtur wrote:
The only change if web.config is
from:
<httpRuntime enableVersionHeader="false" useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="true" maxRequestLength="16384" executionTimeout="3600" requestLengthDiskThreshold="16384" requestValidationMode="2.0"/>

to:
<httpRuntime enableVersionHeader="false" useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="true" maxRequestLength="16384" executionTimeout="3600" requestLengthDiskThreshold="16384" requestValidationMode="2.0" requestPathInvalidCharacters="<,>,*,\"/>

Which is optional and added to subdue errors in query string in some cases.
after I patched my website,It still have some lost link,you can check this:
http://www.xwxm.net/post/2013/05/31/Lifetime(2).aspx

How can I resolve it?
I checked again,I found after patched,If a post have comments,It's link will still lost
Coordinator
Aug 11, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I don't see it patched, your site is still 2.8.0.0. One of the files in the patch is a core DLL with version 2.8.0.1.
Aug 12, 2013 at 12:14 AM
I really patched it,but after patched,when a post get new comments,It's link will lost,so I think nothing has changed,so I just roll back to 2.8.0.0
Aug 12, 2013 at 1:49 PM
rtur wrote:
I don't see it patched, your site is still 2.8.0.0. One of the files in the patch is a core DLL with version 2.8.0.1.
I really patched it,but after patched,when a post get new comments,It's link will lost,so I think nothing has changed,so I just roll back to 2.8.0.0