Configuration Error

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jan 26, 2009 at 9:42 PM

I follow all the steps as mentioned on wiki.

But when i run default.aspx page i m getting these error:

<title>Configuration Error</title> <style> body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; } </style> Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'requirePermission'.

Source Error:

Line 3:  	<configSections>
Line 4:  		<sectionGroup name="BlogEngine">
Line 5:  			<section name="blogProvider" requirePermission="false" type="BlogEngine.Core.Providers.BlogProviderSection, BlogEngine.Core" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" restartOnExternalChanges="true"/>
Line 6:  		</sectionGroup>
Line 7:  	</configSections>

Source File: C:\BlogEngine.Web\web.config    Line: 5

Can anyone please let me know ASAP?

Thanks in Advance.
Viral Sonawala

May 4, 2009 at 7:16 PM
Getting exactly the same error message.  Solution is needed.  Thanx.

May 4, 2009 at 7:31 PM
The top reason I see for this when doing a Google search is because the application pool in IIS is set to use ASP.NET 1.1 instead of 2.0.  In IIS, if you right-click on the site or application, Properties and go to the ASP.NET tab, you can select the framework version to use.  You would want to use 2.0.