BlogEngine.NET 2.8 Contact Page not working

Topics: Controls
Sep 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I have a blog that was running BE 1.5 that I decided to upgrade to BE 2.8. I decided to use a fresh installation and just copy over the pages, posts and custom themes. I had to recreate the categories and revise the category id's in the posts, but it all of the posts came back with the correct categories. Everything is working but the contact page. When I try to get to the contact page, BE throws the error below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Error Details:

Url : http://192.168.1.101:7010/blog/contact.aspx

Raw Url : /blog/contact.aspx

Message : Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Source : System.Web

StackTrace : at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at ASP.contact_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\blog\04111ed3\1de8b02c\App_Web_jo5fki0q.9.cs:line 0

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

TargetSite : Boolean HandleError(System.Exception)

Message : Input parameter 'controlId' cannot be an empty string.

Source : System.Web

StackTrace : at System.Web.Util.StringUtil.CheckAndTrimString(String paramValue, String paramName, Boolean throwIfNull, Int32 lengthToCheck)

at System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.RegisterExpandoAttribute(String controlId, String attributeName, String attributeValue, Boolean encode)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseValidator.AddExpandoAttribute(Control control, HtmlTextWriter writer, String controlId, String attributeName, String attributeValue, Boolean encode)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseValidator.AddAttributesToRender(HtmlTextWriter writer)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.RequiredFieldValidator.AddAttributesToRender(HtmlTextWriter writer)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriter writer)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseValidator.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)

at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)

at ASP.contact_aspx.__RenderdivForm(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in d:\Data\Websites\GeeksInPhoenixV6-net4\blog\contact.aspx:line 11

at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)

at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)

at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)

at ASP.contact_aspx.__RenderContent1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\blog\04111ed3\1de8b02c\App_Web_jo5fki0q.9.cs:line 0

at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)

at ASP.themes_gip_site_master.__RenderContent3(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in d:\Data\Websites\GeeksInPhoenixV6-net4\blog\themes\gip\site.master:line 48

at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)

at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)

at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

TargetSite : System.String CheckAndTrimString(System.String, System.String, Boolean, Int32)
Oct 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM
It looks like you are having:
Input parameter 'controlId' cannot be an empty string.
error caused by requiredfieldvalidator on the page.

Maybe this might help for you;
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3922574/validators-and-clientidmode-issue-asp-net
Try setting ClientIDMod to different values in the beginning of contact.aspx.
I see that login.aspx has ClientIDMode="Static" and contact.aspx doesn't.

Btw: I have fresh installation of BE 2.8 and don't have any issue with requiredfieldvalidator like you have.

Cheers