PDF LINK FAILS

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Oct 15, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Edited Oct 15, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I've installed BLOGENGINE 2.8 on a clean machine. Everything works good but if I post a PDF file the URL fails.
When I click the link blogengine try to open an url with axdx extension and in IIS there's no extension with the same name.

http://mydomain/FILES%2f2013%2f10%2fILPICCOLO.pdf.axdx

The result is PAGE NOT FOUND.
In which way I can avoid this?

I hope you can help me to solve this issue.

TIA
Dario
Oct 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I had that issue and a workaround for me is to take any spaces out of the PDF name and replace with . or _.

This issue occurs when I attach a PDF to a post or a page, when clicked on the PDF is downloaded not opened. If you want the PDF to open on a standalone page, you may need to upload the file to a folder and directly link to it. This is my experience.
Oct 15, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Hi Jerry,
I've tried taking out any spaces but nothing changes. I'd like to upload into myPDFfolder but I can't is there a way to do it?
linking the url to the app_data Folder it doesn't work.

TIA
Oct 15, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I just open up my control panel on the hosting server, use the file manager to upload files, then just link to them from within a Blogengine page. You could also use WebMatrix or Visual Web Express to upload files.
Oct 22, 2013 at 1:33 AM
We had similar problems with links to pdfs and images, the problem was that the .axdx MIME type was not set up on the server so IIS doesn't know what to do.