New Widget for BlogEngine.NET released!!!

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Feb 5, 2009 at 10:53 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2009 at 2:09 PM

I don´t know if you know "The Ecol strip". Is a comic well known in the spanish online community, and it's comic tone talks about the adventures of a group of Freaks (and their pets) who discuss about many different topics, but mostly about the world of technology.

If you look on the right  of my blog I put two links / images on the world of aviation (adding the html code by hand in a Textbox widget-type). I wanted to give a little bit of informal links to my blog so i thought about the Ecol strip (using the html Ecol advised), which of course led me to develop this Widget for BlogEngine.Net.

As it happened that the last picture posted is a bit ;-) hot, and to give more content to the widget, i added the option to display the cartoons in a random order, and another to show the English version of the strip. I am not an expert programmer, so i would appreciate any comments or corrections to it.

If you want to use it in your BlogEngine.Net blog, just download the file attached, copy it in the Widgets folder, configure it with the current number of strips available (currently 291), and enjoy the cool strips of Ecol in your blog.

Greetings from Spain, Gentlemen!!!.

Visit my blog at: http://www.gunner.es/blog

P.d.:  Thanks to BitnBytes for his/her help.
Feb 7, 2009 at 2:02 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2009 at 2:04 PM
Sorry for the bad download link, here is the right one:

Ecol widget

Salute, Gentlemen!!!

P.d.: By the way you can use this widget is freely, and is Email-ware ;-).