Problem with themes in new 1.4.5 install in sub directory

Topics: Themes
Feb 8, 2009 at 8:56 AM
Hi All,

Clean install of 1.4.5 into a sub directory (set as an application) on a discount.asp shared hosting site.

Admin screens work fine. Public screens show no themes. I'm assuming it is some problem with the path to the themes folder but I wonder whether I have missed something else because it seems like a very standard install to me.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Cheers

Mark
Feb 8, 2009 at 9:46 AM
Hi All,

OK the problem was that I was using IIS7. I wanted to keep the Application Pool Pipeline Mode: in Integrated mode rather than classic. Therefore I had to move all of the entries for <httpHandlers> and <httpModules> in the web.config file into a new <system.webserver> section. Note these needed to be renamed <handlers> and <modules>. The handlers need a name attribute and the validate attribute needs to removed. Here is the system.webserver section of the web.config file for IIS7 in integrated mode.

<system.webServer>
    <modules>
            <add name="WwwSubDomainModule" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.WwwSubDomainModule, BlogEngine.Core"/>
            <add name="UrlRewrite" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.UrlRewrite, BlogEngine.Core"/>
            <add name="CompressionModule" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.CompressionModule, BlogEngine.Core"/>
            <add name="ReferrerModule" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.ReferrerModule, BlogEngine.Core"/>
            <!--Remove the default ASP.NET modules we don't need-->
            <remove name="PassportAuthentication"/>
            <remove name="Profile"/>
            <remove name="AnonymousIdentification"/>
        </modules>

<handlers>
            <add verb="*" path="file.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.FileHandler, BlogEngine.Core" name="FileHandler"/>
            <add verb="*" path="image.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.ImageHandler, BlogEngine.Core" name="ImageHandler"/>
            <add verb="*" path="syndication.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.SyndicationHandler, BlogEngine.Core" name="SyndicationHandler"/>
            <add verb="*" path="sitemap.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.SiteMap, BlogEngine.Core" name="SiteMap"/>
            <add verb="*" path="trackback.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.TrackbackHandler, BlogEngine.Core" name="TrackbackHandler"/>
            <add verb="*" path="pingback.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.PingbackHandler, BlogEngine.Core" name="PingbackHandler"/>
            <add verb="*" path="opensearch.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.OpenSearchHandler, BlogEngine.Core" name="OpenSearchHandler"/>
            <add verb="*" path="metaweblog.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.API.MetaWeblog.MetaWeblogHandler, BlogEngine.Core" name="MetaWeblogHandler"/>
            <add verb="*" path="rsd.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.RsdHandler, BlogEngine.Core" name="RsdHandler"/>
            <add verb="*" path="css.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.CssHandler, BlogEngine.Core" name="CssHandler"/>
            <add verb="*" path="js.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.JavaScriptHandler, BlogEngine.Core" name="JavaScriptHandler"/>
            <add verb="*" path="rating.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.RatingHandler, BlogEngine.Core" name="RatingHandler"/>
            <add verb="*" path="opml.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.OpmlHandler, BlogEngine.Core" name="OpmlHandler"/>
            <add verb="*" path="blogml.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.BlogMLExportHandler, BlogEngine.Core" name="BlogMLExportHandler"/>
            <add verb="*" path="sioc.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.Sioc, BlogEngine.Core" name="Sioc"/>
            <add verb="*" path="apml.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.Apml, BlogEngine.Core" name="Apml"/>
            <add verb="*" path="foaf*.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.Foaf, BlogEngine.Core" name="Foaf"/>
        </handlers>
    </system.webServer>

It all seems to work now.

Mark