Blogengine.NET and SQL Server Profiler?

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Nov 12, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Hello

I use SQL Server 2012 for my blog. I would like to see the acitivity in the datebase with SQL Server Profiler when my visitors are active on the site.
When I use the default settings in SQL Server Profiler and starts a trace there seems to be no activity in the database even that I know there are active visitors on the site.

Is it possible to trace the usage of my blog in the profiler? Which filters should I use?

Thanks!
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2013 at 3:27 PM
If you don't see any activity in profiler, I would guess you using XML provider for you blog or your profiler connected to wrong database server. For example, you can have both SQL server and SQL express installed on the same machine and BE uses one but profiler listening on the other.
Nov 12, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Thanks for your answer but I'm sure I an using the database provider as I can see my blog data in the tables and I am connected to the correct server....

What I would like to know is which events I need to set in the profiler to see the activity caused by Blogengine.

I have selected all events under T-SQL but still no activity. I recorded the whole day. According to statcounter.com my blog had 13 000 pageloads today.

I have worked 13 years as DBA, but I am not a developer. But I guess I have to try see in the code in which way Blogengine works against the database. I thought no matter how the application is written it's activity should result in T-SQL activity at the database level. But maybe I am wrong here ....