tinyMCE editor

Topics: Controls
Feb 15, 2009 at 9:13 PM
(Using latest build of BE.NET)
I am trying to include the tinyMCE editor on another page but it seems to behave differently and I can't figure out why.
when on the admin\addentry.aspx page, if  I type \\sometext  it does NOT convert it to a file: hyperlink (which is exactly what I want). 

When i try to include it on another page, it DOES convert it to a file hyperlink - How can I stop this from happening?  I've tried looking through the tinyMCE documentation but can't find anything on this behavior.

Thanks
Feb 17, 2009 at 2:59 PM

I "fixed" the issue by editing the add_entry admin page to kill <a href="file:....> </a> tags on saving the post.

post.Content =

Regex.Replace(txtContent.Text, "<a href=\"file:[^>]+>([^<]+)</a>", "$1");

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2009 at 5:55 PM
Thanks for sharing.  I thought, though that the add_entry admin page was already doing it right by not converting \\sometext into a hyperlink?  It was the other page you were creating that was converting \\sometext into a hyperlink?  Or maybe I got that backwards ...
Feb 17, 2009 at 7:13 PM
Edited Feb 17, 2009 at 7:14 PM
i was mistaken on my first post - neither page was doing it right.  I didn't notice i was testing the admin page with Firefox which works fine without the above (slaps forehead).  I had to put the above anywhere i was using tinyMCE to control a textbox. It is an IE issue.
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2009 at 7:55 PM
Aahhh... an IE issue.  Yesterday I tried getting the add_entry page to auto convert \\sometext to a URL in Firefox and couldn't get it to do it ... never tried IE!  The closest explanation for this behavior I could find was this post from spocke.