Contact form

Topics: Controls
Dec 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I am a new user to blogengine.net 2.8 After a successful installation I cannot seem to figure out how to enable the contact form (also the archive link), When I click on the contact link, it is trying to open /Blog/contact as opposed to contact.aspx. I found in the blogroll settings under common controls how to set the different messages, but I can't figure find a setting to "turn on" the contact form or to get the link to point to the aspx form.

Thanks

Gershon
Dec 4, 2013 at 3:50 PM
I would check your template first ...

~/themes/nameOfThemeUsed/site.master

look for this line in the navigation area...
<li><a href="<%=Utils.AbsoluteWebRoot %>archive<%= BlogEngine.Core.BlogConfig.FileExtension %>"><%=Resources.labels.archive %></a></li>
<li><a href="<%=Utils.AbsoluteWebRoot %>contact<%= BlogEngine.Core.BlogConfig.FileExtension %>"><%=Resources.labels.contact %></a></li>

This is the ~/contact.aspx page (~ = the root of the files), you will also have to fill in your email details on the admin panel... yourWebSite/admin/Settings/Email.aspx

I hope this helps you get further, I currently have my contact page hidden as I do not use it,
cheers Si
Dec 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM
I presume that %=Resources.labels.contact % is the variable that sets the aspx name. Where does that get initialized? I don't think it's wise to hard-code "contact.aspx"

Thanks

gm