Google Analytics seems not working

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Dec 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Hi, I added in settings the code provided by Google analytics, since 24 hours, Google tells me that "Tracking is not installed". 1sty question, how this setting section work in Blogengine?, if added, does blog engine add the necessary code to exisiting entries or only to new pages.

2nd, I understood from Google Analytics documentation that the code should be placed before the closing head tag which is not the case for the entries in blog engine.
last, how can we try/debug why it is not communiocating with Google analytics.

Thanks inadvance
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Go to your site, open source view and make sure code provided by google added to markup. That's all BE does, you can even do it manually in the site.master for your theme.
Dec 5, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Thanks rtur, yes, I created a test entry, checked the source in IE, I found the google code but not inside the <Header></Header> html tag as requested by Google Analytics if I understood well from one of the videos
Dec 11, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Paste Google javascript to "Add custom code to the HTML head section" field on Custom code page, not into "Tracking Script" field. There are many services which allow to use their tracking code at the end of the page. But this is not allowed by Google. It expects tracking code in <head></head> section.
I had to solve the same problem.
Mar 19 at 3:06 AM
Working fine on my end, google tracking script loaded at bottom of the page. I prefer this than the head to speed up load time of page.