Author Profile changes don't save

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:50 PM
Hello... we're experiencing some problems when we try to modify user profile information. When we select a user, make the changes and hit save there isn't a notification (not sure if there should be) that anything happened. When we go away and then come back to the same user, our changes don't appear.

I went into the database to see if the changes were persisted and they were not. Then I manually made the changes in the database and it still ended up displaying the incorrect information.

Something else we're seeing now is when we select "Switch to user profile" the forms don't seem to reflect the change from one user to another.

We are using the SQL Server provider using MS SQL 2005. We have it installed in a Windows 2008 server.

If someone can point me in the right direction with this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2009 at 4:02 PM
The profiles admin page in BE 1.4.5 has a number of problems like you're describing.  These problems are fixed now in the latest build.  I'm pretty sure you can safely download the latest build (available on the Source Code tab above) and just replace your existing Profiles.aspx and Profiles.aspx.cs files with the latest ones from the download.
Feb 18, 2009 at 10:04 PM
Thanks - this took care of the problem.