for Dummies - How do I change content, add text to side boxes?

Topics: Controls
Feb 19, 2009 at 2:47 PM
Edited Feb 19, 2009 at 10:19 PM
I'm a blogengine virgin and not a programmer. Here's my blog- I'm having a tough time trying to figure out a few things. Any help would be greatly appreciated! If anyone can at least answer one of these questions I'd really appreciate it.

How do I change the content in the side boxes?

I did figure out how to substitute an image, but I'd like to make the image a link and add some text under it. Plus, I want to figure out how to put google adsense ads on it in place of the one that came with it. Or, how can I place some google ads like this blog did?

How can I change kategorien to category (English)? I'm using SilverLite. I already changed the language to english but that dk word kategorien is still there at the bottom.

Deep graditude!

Feb 19, 2009 at 3:56 PM
Welcome Skaggmo,

1. How do I change the content in the side boxes?

Depends partly on your Theme selection. When you're logged in as Admin you should see a drop-down list box (containing Administration | Blogroll | Calendar | .. | Text Box | Twitter) with an Add button. You can therefore add and remove the widgets displayed in your side bar. Therefore to add some Google AdSense code, you could add a Text box, and paste your Google AdSense code snippet into the HTML section of that box. Of course you could go edit the /themes/[your theme name]/ file replacing the original Google AdSense code with yours.

Try searching around here using the subject "Widgets" and hitting the Docs

2. Change Kategorien to Category

I've checked the source code on both the script and extension - I cannot find that word. Try posting on the author's site.

Good luck
Nick Harrington
team Ambay Software | blog | Demo Themes
Feb 19, 2009 at 5:20 PM
Thanks Nick! I now know how to change those google ads. I really appreciate it!

Now if I can just figure out how to add some text and links to the sideboxes...

BTW- I'm not getting that text box edit link with Silerlite or standard theme.
This is all I get-
Add Entry