Limit user to a number of blogs

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Controls
Jan 2, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Edited Jan 2, 2014 at 6:21 PM
I have searched this topic but couldn't find a satisfied answer. Here is my situation: I have a group of users. Each one of one of them own one or more area let's say zipcode. Each area can have more than one user. And blog is part of existing website. We are going to have blog as standalone web app. rtur mentioned UserController under api folder, I suppose it is same as UserServices, but couldn't find anything to solve my issue. This is what I like to accomplish through api or in database level. Thanks in advance.
  1. Relate each user to a list of areas.
  2. When they create new post, we can post them into a subset of a list of blogs that they manage.
I suppose what I am looking for is a way to assign a blog to a user, get a list of blogs that user own and post into each blog.

I hope this question makes sense and really would appreciate any help I can get.

Jan 2, 2014 at 7:32 PM
In the admin/advanced settings you can enable self registration and allow create new blog on registration. When new user register new blog will be generated.
For any custom functionality like areas etc you'll need to code this out, BE obviously has no idea about areas or zipcodes :)
You can trace down how new blog generated by looking at code behind "save" button on registration page.

Controllers are in 2.9, they replaced .asmx services.
Jan 2, 2014 at 10:20 PM
My intention is to have area and blog with one to one relationship. Therefore an administrator will create a blog and user will join it and post stuff under it. Are you suggesting there is better way to do it by having user create their own blog? Or this is because I wasn't clear in explaining what my intention is. Do you think it is a good idea to upgrade to 2.9? Yes, I guess I have to dig into the code to figure out how this can be done. Thanks so much!