BE 2.9 SimpleBlog Theme Pageloading Issue

Jan 3, 2014 at 4:19 PM
I have a page that will not load with BE 2.9 and the SimpleBlog theme, can anyone take a look at it and advise on how to fix it. Thank you.

http://sahcinfo.org.lilac.arvixe.com/membership_app.aspx
Coordinator
Jan 3, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Does this page inherit from business base as other pages (archive, contact etc)? Seems to be missing all the things added by framework, like jQuery from "scripts/auto" or language resources.
Jan 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM
Edited Jan 3, 2014 at 5:17 PM
It is a stand alone aspx page with the BE stuff pasted in, it works fine with other themes, currently using it with 2.8 standard theme. Do you have any suggestion I can do to make the page conform better.

Actually the page could work fine as just a html page, I don't really need all the BE stuff in it. I am sure that the form components could be rehashed also.

It also loads with the 2.9 standard theme but the sidebar is visible which I don't want.
Coordinator
Jan 3, 2014 at 6:59 PM
When you simply copy HTML from one theme it may not work with other, themes can be very different. You would need to manually modify HTML, probably switch theme and copy HTML from it then add your stuff, basically doing it over again for every theme you want to use. It can work without change with some similar themes, but it is just lucky, nothing constrains theme from using completely different styles and scripts. Inheriting from business base means whatever theme used by blog it will be applied to the page, you just provide content.
Jan 3, 2014 at 7:02 PM
What do I need to change on the page to inherit from the business base to get it working? Thank you.
Coordinator
Jan 3, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Jan 3, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Thank you, I have a basic page loading, now need to put the content in and code in. How would I remove the sidebar on this page? Thank you.
Coordinator
Jan 3, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Edited Jan 3, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Sidebars are part of the theme. Some themes can have 2 sidebars, some none, so I guess it depends. Generally speaking if you know theme layout and sidebar ID you can use CSS/JavaScript to hide it. Then again when you switch themes with different layout this all goes out the window. In BE 2.9 you can have different master page for post list and single post, so you could set single page with no sidebar, for a specific theme. But prior versions share same site.master, so display:none is probably easiest way to go.
Jan 3, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Edited Jan 3, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Thank you, I have been using this but it isn't working in 2.9 SimpleBlog
 <script runat="server">
protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e)
{
    base.OnLoad(e);
        string styleInfo = "<style type=\"text/css\"> .Content {width:auto; float:none;} .Sidebar {display:none;}</style>";
        var newStyles = new LiteralControl() {Text = styleInfo };
        this.Header.Controls.Add(newStyles);

}
</script>