Why Does My Blog Take So Long To Load?

Feb 21, 2009 at 11:22 AM
I just installed the latest version of BlogEngine.Net and created two posts. When I click on the link from my homepage it takes an extremely long time to load every time. This happens in both IE and Firefox whether I'm logged in or not. It takes so long that I am not sure I can even use it. What can I do? Anyone have any odeas why this would be the case? Anyone else have this problem? Need my blog url?
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2009 at 5:46 PM
Is your homepage the front page of BE?  Or is your homepage an existing website you have, and you have a link on that page that goes to BE's front page?  I guess I'm wondering if all BE pages are slow to load, or is it just some pages like the pages that display the individual posts.

I haven't had this problem and don't remember hearing of others having this problem.  Your blog url could help, but if the problem is just something on the server side, the problem might not be apparent just browsing your blog.

Are you using the default XML provider ... or did you change it to store data in a SQL database?
Feb 21, 2009 at 8:00 PM
Thanks for replying. I am using the default XML provider and it is at www.mysite.com/blog and when I try to go to it with either with a link or refreshing it and that is when it takes a long time to load.
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2009 at 8:33 PM
Is this slowness occurring on your local PC, or is it occurring at a web host?

Do you have a public url you could share?
Feb 21, 2009 at 8:58 PM
I pm'd you.
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2009 at 9:05 PM
Got the PM, thanks.  I pulled up your blog in both IE and Firefox.  All the pages seem to pull up pretty quickly ... they take less than 1/2 second to load ... just like any other website.

Maybe you have some type of internet security tool, browser add-on or firewall on your computer that is blocking or slowing down things?

If you can't think of anything like this installed on your computer, maybe rebooting could help?
Feb 21, 2009 at 9:58 PM
Thanks Ben. Yeah, maybe it is something I have running but nothing else loads that fast and I run many blogs on both Unix and Windows servers. I think I will ask some other people from other cities to see how long it loads and I'll post my findings here. Thanks again.