How to Link to pages and iframe pages

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls
Feb 21, 2009 at 3:26 PM
I have two items that I would like to make links off of my main page to.  One is a Webcam page, and the other is a gallery page.  The gallery page is actually a subdomain link that pulls in another piece.  I really don't see how this is accomplishable at this point.

Would anyone have any help in this matter and how I would go about doing this.  I am guessing I am just missing something. But any help is appreciated.

Any questions, let  me know.

thanks.
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2009 at 6:38 PM
All of the pages on your blog are using a "master page".  If you add links to the master page, the links will be there no matter what page a visitor is on.  The master page file will be named site.master and will be in your theme folder.  For example, if you're using the Standard theme, the site.master file will be under themes\Standard.

In the site.master file, you can easily add a standard <a> hyperlink or an <iframe> too should work.

You can either link to your subdomain, or create a "Page" in BE that hosts an iframe and the link you add in site.master would point to this Page you create.  Pages can be created in BE within the control panel.  Sometimes creating Pages in BE can be a little restrictive ... depending on your needs.  If you find this to be true, you can also go the route of creating your own "content page" if you like to have more control over your HTML.  I briefly explained this with a simple template in this other discussion.