Modifying the Blogs on the Blog Roll Widget

Topics: Controls
Jan 9, 2014 at 3:29 AM
SQL Server 2012 database storage

There doesn't seem to be way to modify which blogs appear on the Blog Roll other than directly modifying the SQL table. When I edit the widget (from the admin login), nothing appears except the name of the widget. It seems to me that you should be able to edit the list of blogs and also edit the number of visible blog posts for the Blog Roll.

I can edit the SQL tables directly, but this seems like a really silly way to have to do it.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug? I've tried the latest versions of IE (11), Firefox, and Chrome, and have the same problem in all browsers.
Jan 11, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Can anybody help with this???
Jan 11, 2014 at 8:32 PM
It is queued for updates to old control settings. They all will be moved to corresponding widgets. For now you'll have to manually add/remove items in blogroll.
Jul 3, 2014 at 6:46 PM
I'm using an XML backing store, and changing the blogroll file by hand doesn't seem to update the file. Is there anything else i need to do?
Jul 3, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Ctrl + F5 probably, to refresh browser. Unless you mean that file itself somehow can't be updated.
Jul 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM
I've added the following line to the Bloggroll.xml:
<item id="8690a801-aefa-4a35-9ff0-9e82d259b7e9" title="8th Light" description="8th Light" htmlUrl="" xmlUrl="" xfn="" sortIndex="6" />
But the OPML file is still missing the line. Everything else seems to be updating correctly.

I was wondering if I'm missing a step, or the GUID's are referenced from somewhere else?