How to add a logo instead of blog name in BE 2.9 ?

Topics: Themes
Jan 12, 2014 at 4:09 AM
How to add a logo image instead of blog name and short description ?

I want the logo in the same place / position but do not want any text, how to do that ?

I understand that it's probably a good idea to keep the text, but just not display it.

Please help ?

Theme: Standard
Jan 12, 2014 at 6:56 AM
Edit theme
Jan 12, 2014 at 7:17 AM
For change your logo:
Login on your blog > Admin > Custom > Themes > Click on Standard theme > enter your logo address > Save = Done.

For remove you blog name and short description:
  1. Open files blog. (by FTP)
  2. Open "site.master" Standard theme from (root/themes/standard/site.master) by an editor (notepad, Visual Studio and ...).
  3. Find the following code and remove it:
<hgroup class="pull-left">
      <h1><a href="<%=Utils.AbsoluteWebRoot %>"><%=BlogSettings.Instance.Name %></a></h1>
      <h3><%=BlogSettings.Instance.Description %></h3>
  1. Save and upload "site.master" file.
Jan 13, 2014 at 2:00 AM
I'm running BE V2.9.0.5, which fixes the custom admin pages issue in the widgets. However, there are no custom fields visible when I click on any theme name. I just tried this on your SimpleBlog29 theme, and it has the same problem. Any ideas?
Jan 13, 2014 at 3:26 AM
Upgraded to V2.9.0.6 and now the Standard theme has the custom fields, but your SimpleBlog and SimpleBlog29 themes do not have them. So, how do I change the colors for the SimpleBlog29 theme since the body tag in the site.master now has the placeholders for the custom fields?
Jan 13, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Seems an issue with BE, it only shows custom fields for current theme. If you set "simple" as current theme and refresh cache, it will display custom fields but standard will not. I'll look for a fix later tonight.
Jan 14, 2014 at 2:55 AM
Here's some more info that might help. After I manually inserted all the custom fields into the SQL database table for the SimpleBlog29 theme, all the custom fields showed up on the admin page, but they only showed up after I had entered the info into the database. When you install a theme with custom fields, should the custom fields be setup in the database during the installation of the theme? It seems to work correctly after I enter the custom fields into the be_customfields table.
Jan 14, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Edited Jan 14, 2014 at 2:07 PM
ydnarnitram wrote:
... should the custom fields be setup in the database during the installation of the theme?
No, and it is ok. If you don't make any changes and use all defaults, values will be pulled from the theme itself, only when updated it will be saved to data storage. Problem is, field parser looking in current theme directory instead of scanning all theme folders. I'll push update later tonight fixing this issue.
Aug 7, 2015 at 10:41 PM
I read seyfolahi's response and I do not see a Themes option after clicking on the "Custom" tab. All I see is "Extensions". Am I missing something?
Aug 7, 2015 at 10:45 PM
Also, I even tried changing it on the backend (SQL Server). I changed the be_customfields table where the key field is "logo address". Keeps showing the logo.png file.