Help us to launch BeThemes: the new marketplace for creative BlogEngine.NET templates

Topics: Themes
Jan 12, 2014 at 4:21 PM
Hello bloggers,
I'm Daniele from the BeThemes development team. Be Themes is the first marketplace for BlogEngine.NET templates.

Searching through the websites developed with BlogEngine.NET we found many bloggers, along with many others who love this platform just as much as we do.

We thus decided to contact you from Codeplex discussions forum to inform that we are working hard to offer all the bloggers an exclusive marketplace service for BlogEngine.NET templates, being aware of how poor is the choice now. Our team consists of web designers and web developers keen on enhancing BlogEngine.NET and therefore help the bloggers to improve the layout of their websites.

We are on the startup phase and your support will be very much appreciated.
Please invest 30 seconds of your time and passion to help us offering an efficient and creative service by answering to the web survey you can find at the link below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ec5CKWR5_nvHoLtjm_y4r0XnLUAw-4r0P4SBZhPhvqM/viewform

You may give your email address -if you wish- to help us to get in touch with you as soon as the service will be available (hopefully by March/April 2014).

Thanks for your support.
BeThemes Team
http://www.bethemes.net
Jan 12, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Can you provide more details, for example:
Will this marketplace be exclusive to offerings from your team or will it act as broker for those wishing to contribute themes for sale. Will the marketplace offer widgets, extensions? If brokering, what's the likely cost to contributing developers, i.e. a fee, a percentage of any sales? Not looking for details such as threshold payments, retainers etc, just a rough idea on the general business intent.

The current BE gallery would have been an ideal host for this kind of thing, offering both free and premium add-ons, with commission going towards future BE development and financial due to the core platform developers.
Jan 12, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Edited Jan 12, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Why would one pay for a theme when great themes are being created by seyfolahi and others for BE?
Coordinator
Jan 12, 2014 at 9:44 PM
jerrysdean43 wrote:
Why would one pay for a theme when great themes are being created by seyfolahi and others for BE?
To get unique, premium theme customized for your specific needs to name few reasons. I'm sure there are more :)
Jan 13, 2014 at 7:52 AM
Hi, we are a team of developers and web designers and we are working hard to provide a better place to find BE templates.
We have many years of experiences in design and asp.net development (also on the blogengine.net platform).

We want to create a marketplace where to find out templates and resources about BE.
In the start phase we offers only our templates but we are thinking about developers contributors and percentage of any sales.

We appreciate your interest in our project and many feedback are important for us.

Why you must pay to download our templates?
Because the are cool! :)

Thanks to all!
Jan 14, 2014 at 12:48 PM
I guess I would be willing to pay for a theme where everything works. I recently switched to SimpleBlog with 2.8.0.2 and thought everything was fine and now discover that the Newsletter does not work. It sends out emails to those already subscribed but one cannot subscribe or unsubscribe any longer. I hate to think of starting over again with another theme. I have 3 Newsletters on my site and they are an important part of the hiking website and I need members to be able to subscribe. Please can anyone offer a fix for this issues. Thank you.
Jan 15, 2014 at 12:57 PM
jerrysdean43 wrote:
I guess I would be willing to pay for a theme where everything works.
Hi, we are working hard to provide better templates but, also, better support for customers. This is the primary goal of BeThemes.
Check out www.bethemes.net and fill the survey with your email, we will write to you.
Jan 15, 2014 at 1:03 PM
jerrysdean43 wrote:

"I recently switched to SimpleBlog with 2.8.0.2 and thought everything was fine and now discover that the Newsletter does not work."

After further investigation by someone a lot smarter then me it seems to be a bug in BE that had not been discovered yet, I am waiting for the BE team to take a look.
Jan 18, 2014 at 3:04 PM
jerrysdean43 wrote:
jerrysdean43 wrote:

"I recently switched to SimpleBlog with 2.8.0.2 and thought everything was fine and now discover that the Newsletter does not work."

After further investigation by someone a lot smarter then me it seems to be a bug in BE that had not been discovered yet, I am waiting for the BE team to take a look.
Templates don't resolve BE internal errors or bug. But we are doing a good work to provide perfect templates and better support to it. Stay tuned
Jan 19, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Hi All,

I like the idea of having a "Market" place for BE Themes and other BE related products.

Once there is a steady place to host all of these items and developers get some kind of a fee from the products they develop BE will
see alot more products than what we currently see.

Since these products would be "paid" products some level of support should also be included with the price of these products like free updates for a year, and etc.

I could see some type of a subscription product too like for $3 dollars a month / $25 per year (discount for yearly subscription) that would offer a certain amount of themes, extensions and etc to download per month, and with this subscription you receive a higher level of support when compared with single purchased items.

Support could also be in the form of credit hours to have custom design or code work done to a theme or other products.

Like with a Basic member subscription for $3 dollars per month you get 2 hours of credit to use towards troubleshooting or custom work on a theme.

On a monthly plan have a use it or lose it policy for that month, yearly plan would get the hours credited to the customer account for an entire year so 24 hours in total.

How the customer want to use those hours are up to them, Support, troubleshooting, custom design or work on the product.

If possible one day have market places have a feed of their products that can be added to the DnBEGallery http://dnbegallery.org then
have a service on DnBEGallery that collects all of these feeds and put them into one feed for the Admin Panel of BE to access.

This way a BE user can just go to their Admin area --> custom --> Market Place

Screenshot:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0a1284ow67

From there it shows a list of all of the items available to buy.

That page can also have a category list of Themes, Extensions, Widgets, and Modules

User can preview the item and if they like it click "Buy" and be directed to the payment page all from with in BE.

Sort of like an "In-App" purchase from mobile apps like for iPad and etc.

Can even offer live chat support from with in the BE Admin area.

Also the products should also offer some type of an "auto" update feature where you can update the products as long you are still within the free support time frame or a member.

Just some ideas to get things rolling!
Coordinator
Jan 20, 2014 at 2:59 AM
I too think professional support and premium components would push project forward with users who not paying would be biggest winners (from ecosystem growth) ;)

We might look into ways to use multiple galleries, so someone could setup a store to sell themes, others to sell plugins and maybe someone wants internal gallery for a company. We don't really want it to get into blog, but admin can be smart enough to handle common api.