No styles applied after install

Topics: Themes
Mar 10, 2009 at 5:04 PM
Edited Mar 10, 2009 at 5:14 PM
Hi,

After installation and permissions configuration, the site had not styles or theme applied. Just mostly straight text. Does anyone know what causes this?
This is 1.4.5 straight web download and copy to IIS6 server. Normal configuration i.e. running as virtual directory to Default site

Here is what I see

Welcome to BlogEngine.NET 1.4.5

by Administrator 28. June 2008 18:00

If you see this post it means...

thank you

Mar 10, 2009 at 5:24 PM
Well I can see thru firebug that the themes folders (and others) are not available due to security but I have allowed full access to Network Service on windows 2003 server.  Don't know why this is not working. I have configured a hundred websites without this ever happening. 
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2009 at 6:59 PM
Your blog is probably retrieving the CSS file through the css.axd handler.

In Firebug, are you seeing a 404 error for the css.axd file?  Or a different error?

If it's a 404 error, and you're on IE6, it could be that the AXD file type in IIS6 is configured so the AXD file 'must exist'.  You can check this in IIS6, by right-clicking on the application, Properties, Virtual Directory tab, Configuration... button, Mappings tab, find and highlight .AXD in the list, click Edit... and make sure the 'Verify that file exists' checkbox is not marked.  If this solves the problem, then you might also want to make sure the same checkbox is not marked for .ASPX extension too.

You can also pull up the link to the css.axd file directly in your browser to possibly get a more informative error message.  The link would be something similar to:

http://metswwview01/netBlog/themes/Standard/css.axd?name=style.css&v=1.4.5