SkinPath / ThemePath Token?

Topics: Themes
Mar 10, 2009 at 5:25 PM
I've just finished up my first BE theme package...what fun that was. Actually, it went VERY smooth! Anyone that knows their way around desiging a website should have no trouble designing themes for BE. Sorry, but unfortunately I can't give this one to the community; it was for a client. Once I learn the ropes a bit more, I'm going to focus on contributing some of my stuff to you all.

Anyways. I have looked for this, but have really had no luck. But is there an existing User Control or token to insert the path of your skin/theme? I figured I could make one in the C# backend, but didn't want to go through the trouble if that already exists.

Much thanks!
ben
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2009 at 7:15 PM
Here's a line of code currently used in BlogEngine:

string MasterPageFile = Utils.RelativeWebRoot + "themes/" + BlogSettings.Instance.Theme + "/site.master";

This may not be a token like you were hoping for, but thought I'd just throw it out there ...
Mar 11, 2009 at 2:29 AM
Hey that'll work Ben, appreciate the tip!

That should actually do me just fine to create this on my own. Perhaps in a future release we can have a tokenized approach...eg. <%=SkinPath %> implemented in the core? Pretty please???

And by the way, that was no understatement about the ease of creating a theme for BE. You folks have done some outstanding work on the backend, making the frontend a joy to design and code. Thanks for all the hard work!

-ben