calendar skinning?

Topics: Controls
Mar 30, 2009 at 7:30 PM
Edited Mar 30, 2009 at 7:32 PM

The blogengine has a pretty functional calendar built into it for linking blog postes by date(small view)  and date & title (large view) .

Reciently I was tasked with building a calendar for a local park department and have been mulling over using  "blogengine" to achieve the "drill through" abilities of calendars and "entrys" as a resonable amount of functionality has already been added to the basic controls.

So.. based on that is it possible to add a theme/skin the calendar widget that comes with blogengine, or if would I need to build a custom calendar/delivery system.

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:38 PM
I think its better to put your calender here and people here can work with that and see if they can make theme for that based on blog engine
Mar 30, 2009 at 8:09 PM
I had reached a very simliar decision as I played with the source..

Blogengine would have issues being used as an event calendar as it only likes to post things in the past to the calendar. Events in the future get removed. This doesn't prevent it from being used this way, however it might just be easier to write it clean from the beginning and not confuse the nature and use of a blog.

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:11 PM
ASP.NET has a built in Calendar control you could use:

<asp:Calendar ... />