Author Profiles

Mar 30, 2009 at 9:14 PM
I've created a series of authors/editors with information.

I would like to create an individual page for each author based on the information in the profile.  How do I do this besides creating literal pages and manually adding the content?  Or are pages automatically/dynamically created? If so, what would be a sample link for, let's say, a user named "temp"?

Thanks,
Joshua
Coordinator
Mar 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM
In the control panel, there's a Pages tab.  You could create a Page for each author.  When you create a Page, you can give the page a "slug".  So for temp's Page, you can give the Page a slug of 'temp'.  The URL to that page would be /page/temp.aspx.  When you save the Page, you'll be redirected to the actual Page, so you can also see the URL there.

For the content on the Page, you would have to enter it yourself in the WYSIWYG editor.  There's not much in BE that makes use of the information entered on the Profiles tab.  But the profile information is available through the AuthorProfile class in BE.  So you could create your own Content page that queries the AuthorProfile classes and displays the profile information.

The code in this blog post shows an example of retrieving AuthorProfile information and displaying it.